With the Slovenian turistični bon (tourism voucher), we went 5 days 4 night in a private apartment in Terme Čatež and now we are back! I’m a bit tired but the kids had a blast, so it was all worth it.
Terme, also known as pools resort but with thermal water, are hotspot destination for holidays in Slovenia. There are different size and type. Terme Čatež is quite big, and ideal for family fun with kiddy pools, slides and waves. Enough to fill up a whole day.
Summer Thermal Riviera are the outside pools, with really warm water (26-36°C):
- children’s pool with little slides, surrounded by a lazy river
- a pirate island for older kids
- a Olympic pool with lines
- two square pools for fun swimming
- a big big slides with swimming rings
- a bigger irregular shape pool with different slides
- a path with flow
- a fountains and waterfalls
- massaging bubbles
- pool with waves
Winter Thermal Riviera are the inside pools, with even warmer water (31-33°C):
- a big irregular shape pools with different massaging bubbles spots
- children’s pool
- rectangle pool with a nice the bubble seating area
- pool with alternating waterfalls and waves
- two slides suitable for kids
- bigger slides section (were closed)
- children’s pool with pirate ship
- a big spiral slides that connects with the outside pool
- a small pool with a fountain (waterfalls)
Personally I liked the inside pools better, because the kids could go by themselves on the slides and we just had to wait to catch them below. A lot easier for supervision, and the water was deep enough for adults to have fun as well.
Beside swimming, eating and resting – we also took a short drive to Brežice. It’s a nice town for a little evening walk.
Holidays are always nice, but it’s also good to be home! And our cows are soon coming back from their mountain pocitniče (holidays) as well!