There are many ways to learn Slovene and one that can help you improve is by asking questions (and of course, looking for the question). In my opinion, questioning doesn’t mean that you don’t know, but it means that you are “stepping out” of the books and improving your understanding of Slovene!
Question by Jasmine
The answer to the question “Od kod gre vlak za Maribor?” is “s šestega tira“. I wonder why it is not “od šestega tira” instead.
- Sklon 4 : Vlak gre na tir4 (The train goes on the rail).
- Sklon 2 : Vlak gre s šestega tira2 (The train goes from the sixth rail).
The preposition “iz” (from) is used in second sklon when the preposition “v” (to, into) is used in fourth sklon.
- Sklon 4 : Grem v Slovenijo4 (I go to Slovenia).
- Sklon 2 : Grem iz Slovenije5 (I go from Slovenia).
- Sklon 3 : Grem na obisk4 k babici3 (I go on visit to grandmother).
- Sklon 5 : Sem pri babici5 (I’m at grandmother).
- Sklon 2 : Grem od babice2. (I go from grandmother).
Personally, I didn’t know the answer to this question, and I had to ask around – and I’m glad that I’ve learnt something 🙂 So, if you have any other questions, please do ask me and let’s all learn together!