Everyone learns differently, some are more visual, others are more auditory or reading and writing. Knowing how you learn best and working with the right tools, adapted to your type of learning, will help you greatly!
Vaja dela mojstra – Practice makes perfect.
List of Words
Part of learning a language is to be familiar with its vocabulary. The most vocabulary you know, the more easily you can understand and express yourself in Slovene.
Online tools I like to use as reference.
- Amebis Besana – great search engine that will show you all forms of a word (nouns, verbs, adjectives…).
- eBralec – decent tool for pronunciation, available in female and male voices.
- Slovenian Word Of The Day – vocabulary word with audio, examples and expressions.
- Fran – an awesome online resource of all kind of Slovene dictionaries (phrases, synonyms…).
- Wandering Helene – has a great compilation of learning resources for Slovene (and many tips about Slovenia).
Read, Watch, Listen
Online resource to practice Slovene and discover Slovenia.
- Enostavno – simplified news in Slovene with read feature.
- Slovenska narečja – interesting series of documentary about Slovenian dialects.
Paperback documents (books, textbooks, dictionary…) that I like to use as reference and learning guide.
- Slovenski Glagol by Rada Lečič – awesome reference for verbs (available in English, German, Italian, Spanish and Polish)
Different spreadsheets, ranging from learning tables to vocabulary list. Use them for a quick reference or to inspire yourself to create your own. Feel free to share them and mention my blog (I would really appreciate it!) 🙂
- Anna in Slovenia | Learning Tables
- Anna in Slovenia | Vocabulary
- Anna in Slovenia | Verbs (coming soon)
Don’t forget to save the link as I will be updating them as often as I can!
Anna’s eBook – 7 Days of Basic Slovene (Thank you gift)
Thank you gift for my Ko-fi supporters. An eBook compiled from my blog posts, but as a progressive learning instead of by topics. I sincerely hope that it can encourage and guide you through your learning journey.
… to be continued.